Wednesday 28 September 2011

A tale of exploration and of food deprivation


After a great day at university (having solved my methodological problems for my dissertation) i got home shoved a couple of tuna sandwiches in my mouth and got on my bike. I started the cycle expecting to do the normal (slightly boring) ride up the A6 and around either Shinning Cliff or Black Rocks pending my physical state. However, for some unknown reason i turned off the A6 unexpectedly, so i kept going and then decided to turn of this road until i found a footpath up onto the Chevin (a nice little ridge of a hill traveling alongside the A6).

After i came down of the Chevin i felt in the mood for more exploring so i tried numerous roads and paths but kept failing until i stumbled on a road i new from a 30k race i had done previously, so i sped off and up the grassy footpath beyond that. when i hit the next road the hunger pains kicked in, so i opened my Camel Back and ate a bar which made me more hungry so i ate another and another and another oooh and then my last one. So much for rationing!!

After my food binge i arrived at the woods and cycled around them taking some new routes in and didn’t even know existed. after an hour of playing on crags, jumps and pointy rocks i headed back to the A6. I cycled back along the Chevin and took the back route to my house reaching 36.5 mph which il aim to improve on next time :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment