Wednesday 21 September 2011

Welcome to the ultramarathon club


Yeh thats right today i went on a little training run that turned into 52 km taking me just under 5 hours. I began by stuffing my camell back with bars, water and full waterproofs incase things got hairy.
so i set off at about 4pm and decided to run to Shinning Cliff about 16km away and then back, but i was enjoying it so much i decided to go all the way to Black Rocks and catch the train home. My journey to Black Rocks sore me getting chased by about 40 cows i was very very scared and ran very very fast. After which i took my 1st of two pit stops, at a farm shop a few miles from black rocks, i was in and out in 2 min and bought 2 pints of milk that was super creamy, i ran with the bottle munching some bars for a few miles till i reached the top of Black Rocks.
leaving black rocks it started to rain and got dark very quickly, i ran down the high peak trail to the A6, passing under a bridge in the dark i couldnt see a thing and for fear of falling i produced some impressive high knees.
from here on it got very boring and i had 14 miles of it, all road and i dont really like roads. tell you the truth the best bit about the roads was the uphill, where there was much less impact upon my joints. i stopped for my second time in Belper for some electrolytes courtesy of a Morrison's petrol station. i pushed hard gritting my teeth, my stride shortening with every step and my right knee decided it didnt like bending anymore and gave up about a mile from home.
well it certainly feels nice to be seated just worried im stuck here !!

2 comments:

  1. I like the T shirt :) Very you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, i dont actually own it although i reckon it would put a few smiles on peoples faces :D

    ReplyDelete